Directions from Cape Town Airport (45-minute drive)
- Leave the airport and get onto the N2 highway towards Somerset West.
- Exit at the Baden Powell Drive / Stellenbosch turnoff.
- Turn left and continue for quite a distance (past Spier Wine Estate) until you get to a T-junction.
- Turn right onto the dual road leading into Stellenbosch.
- Continue along this road (Adam Tas Street) until you pass the railway station on your left.
- Continue driving until you reach a yield sign leading to the left. Keep going left.
- Continue straight on until you see a sign to the right which says "Franschhoek via Helshoogte Pass."
- Follow the Helshoogte Pass (past Boschendal Estate) until you reach a T-junction.
- Turn right at the T-junction and follow the road for about 15 km to reach Franschhoek.
Directions from Cape Town Centre (about an hour's drive)
- Take the N1 highway towards Paarl.
- Continue for a quite a distance until you reach Exit 47 and a sign which says "R44 / R103 Stellenbosch, Klapmuts, Wellington." Turn right here.
- Continue along this road for about 400 metres and, at the 4-way stop street, go straight over.
- Continue until you see a sign which says "Franschhoek" and turn left here.
- Continue for about 9 km until you reach a T-junction.
- Turn right at the T-junction and follow the road to Franschhoek.
Street map of Franschhoek
Find the Sorbonne on the corner of Akademie and De Wet Street in Franschhoek.